or BUY THE KIT
1. Trace off the patterns and use to cut out 2 x A (body), 2 x B (head and trunk), 2 x C (legs) from one fabric, and 4 x D (ear) and 1 x E (tail) from a contrasting fabric. Fold your fabrics in half before pinning patterns in place and cutting out (to ensure pattern pieces are reversed as necessary).
2. When sewing your fabric pieces together, always have the right sides of the fabric facing. Before turning sewn fabric pieces through to the right side, snip curved seams close to the stitching line taking care not to cut through the sewn stitches.
3. Turn a narrow hem on the long ends of the tail, fold wrong sides facing to bring the hemmed edges together and sew. Knot one end.
4. Using D, cut two ears from interlining. Place two patterned fabric ear pieces together, right sides facing and sandwich an interlining in between. Sew around the curved edges only; turn through and press. Pin an ear to each body piece, aligning raw edges and sew in place.
5. Tack (baste) the legs to the body and sew. Now sew the leg sections together along the straight edge.
6. Sew the head/trunk sections to the body, taking care to keep the legs out of the way. Pin the tail in place facing inwards, and sew the sides together stitching only up to where the legs are sewn – leave a gap for stuffing. Turn right side out, firmly stuff and ladder stitch to close gap. Sew on button eyes.
This project has been excerpted from 101 Easy To Make Craft Projects.